January 24, 2013

Healthy Living Survey

I found this “Healthy Living Survey” on the  Carrots 'n' Cake blog & it was interesting to read so I thought I'd do it also!

1. What did you eat for breakfast?
Overnight oats with chia seeds, blueberries, Super Chunky Teddie All Natural Peanut Butter & sliced banana
A mug of Almond Amaretto Teeccino Herbal Coffee with almond-coconut milk.

Breakfast is my favorite meal. It's like eating dessert. I look forward to it, even on those weeks where I wind up eating the same thing every morning.

2. How much water do you drink a day?
Several glasses - 1-2 in the morning, full water bottle+ during the day, 2-3 in the evening. I'm trying to drink more, but I get tired of always having to go to the bathroom. :-)

3. What is your current favorite workout?
roller blading & hiking & yoga

4. How many calories do you eat a day?
Around 2000. I haven't been counting lately, but that's always been about right for me.

5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
  • Apples
  • Carrots with hummus
  • Nuts (usually almonds, cashews or pistachios)
  • a piece of super dark chocolate 
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Leftovers, most days. Very rarely do I eat sandwiches - I'd rather put together odds and ends into a meal. For example, this week one day I had leftover Italian herbed tofu, roasted cauliflower & an orange.

7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
Lungs & heart - I like cardio the most. I've also just gotten into light lifting, & I really like doing yoga with weights because not only am I building arm strength, but it works the core, glutes & legs because of the full body movement.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
My back. I know I should focus on my lower back, especially, but it's the part I forget about the most. The exercises seem so isolated & I like to work more than one part at a time to make the most of my workouts.

9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
Ice cream!

10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Yes - 2 flax oil pills & a women's multi-vitamin most days. Sometimes I also take Vitamin D.

11. How often do you eat out?
Once or twice a month. I really like to cook, so usually I'm happier eating at home.

12. Do you eat fast food?
No, except Chipotle...but I don't consider that your typical "fast food."

13. Who is your biggest supporter?
The Bup! And my parents.

14. Do you have a gym membership?
No. We have an elliptical & I love to exercise outdoors, so I cancelled mine awhile ago.

15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
8 hours, more if I can

16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
No. I do loosen up my eating when I'm having a night with friends; it's all a balance.

17. Do you drink alcohol?
Yes, mostly wine or beer.
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
No, I really prefer to do my daily work outs alone. Otherwise, I like to do things like skiing, hiking or biking with my hubby.

19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a Healthy Lifestyle?
I feel much more empowered & I like that my body is getting stronger. Since I've been working on building more muscle, I love knowing I can do more than I would have been able to before. I also like the clean & refreshed feeling I have from eating a vegetarian diet.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Went on the elliptical & did an arm workout! It was a good morning pump-me-up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...